DATA CONTROLLER AND OWNER
This Application collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Cashmere Outfitters Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage Data, email address, first name, last name, ZIP/Postal code and city.
The Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or collected automatically when using this Application.
Failure to provide certain Personal Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services.
Users are responsible for any Personal Data of third parties obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
MODE AND PLACE OF PROCESSING THE DATA
METHODS OF PROCESSING
The Data Controller processes the Data of Users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
The Data is processed at the Data Controller's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. For further information, please contact the Data Controller.
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
THE USE OF THE COLLECTED DATA
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, Platform services and hosting, Contacting the User and Handling payments.
The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS (GOOGLE INC.)
- Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
- Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
GOOGLE ADWORDS CONVERSION TRACKING (GOOGLE INC.)
- Google AdWords conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Google Inc. that connects data from the Google AdWords advertising network with actions performed on this Application.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
GOOGLE TAG MANAGER (GOOGLE INC.)
- Google Tag Manager is an analytics service provided by Google Inc.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
CONTACTING THE USER VIA MAILING LIST OR NEWSLETTER (THIS APPLICATION)
- By registering on the mailing list or for the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature concerning this Application. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up to this Application or after making a purchase.
- Personal Data collected: city, email address, first name, last name and ZIP/Postal code.
- Payment processing services enable this Application to process payments by credit card, bank transfer or other means. To ensure greater security, this Application shares only the information necessary to execute the transaction with the financial intermediaries handling the transaction.
- Some of these services may also enable the sending of timed messages to the User, such as emails containing invoices or notifications concerning the payment.
STRIPE (STRIPE INC.)
- Stripe is a payment service provided by Stripe Inc.
PLATFORM SERVICES AND HOSTING
- These services have the purpose of hosting and running key components of this Application, therefore allowing the provision of this Application from within a unified platform. Such platforms provide a wide range of tools to the Owner – e.g. analytics, user registration, commenting, database management, e-commerce, payment processing – that imply the collection and handling of Personal Data. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the Personal Data are stored.
SHOPIFY (SHOPIFY INC.)
- Shopify is a platform provided by Shopify Inc. that allows the Owner to build, run and host an e-commerce website.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related services.
The User declares to be aware that the Data Controller may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT USER'S PERSONAL DATA
SYSTEM LOGS AND MAINTENANCE
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) or use for this purpose other Personal Data (such as IP Address).
INFORMATION NOT CONTAINED IN THIS POLICY
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
DEFINITIONS AND LEGAL REFERENCES
PERSONAL DATA (OR DATA)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Information collected automatically from this Application (or third party services employed in this Application), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
The individual using this Application, which must coincide with or be authorized by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refers.
The legal or natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
DATA PROCESSOR (OR DATA SUPERVISOR)
DATA CONTROLLER (OR OWNER)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organization with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Application.
The hardware or software tool by which the Personal Data of the User is collected.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that a user’s device (computer, tablet or mobile) downloads when it visits a website. They allow the site to “remember” your computer, but not specifically who is using it, and improve your user experience. By associating the identification numbers in the cookies with other customer information when, for example, you log-in to the site, then we know that the cookie information relates to you.
What is the scope of cookies?
Cookies are used generally for different purposes, such as letting the user navigate between pages efficiently, implementing the user's preferences and generally improving their browsing experience, by customizing the website according to their navigation and user profile. They can also help ensure that the adverts that the user sees online are more relevant to them and their interests.
What cookies do we use?
- Session cookies, which only last for the duration of a browsing session. They are usually used to facilitate the access to the services on our website, to authenticate you when you are a registered member, and to remember what a user has put in their shopping basket, and
- Persistent cookies, which last for more than one visit. They are used to remember a user’s preferences and actions within the website. In this case, when a user returns to our website, or visits sites that use the same cookies, the site reads the cookies and identifies the user’s browser.
- First party cookies, which are supplied by the website you are visiting, i.e., cardinalofcanada.com and can be read only by such site. For example the cookies that maintain products in the shopping bag of a user who is in the meantime still surfing the site. First party cookies can be either session or permanent cookies.
- Third party cookies, which are meant to collect data in an anonymous way, for example analytics information, including browsing statistics. Other third party cookies are meant to track our visitors’ response to our online promotional activities. This technology uses information about your visits to our website and third parties' sites on which we advertise, to deliver relevant advertisements. We also use this to learn which banner adverts bring users to our website. Also third party cookies can be either session or permanent cookies.
The type of cookie used on our website can fall under one of the categories below.
- Technical Cookies: Based on the Guidelines of the Italian Data Protection Authority on simplification of procedure to release the data protection notice and to collect the consent for cookies (dated 8 May 2014), technical cookies include navigation or session cookies, cookies analytics and functionality cookies.
- Navigation or Session Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary session cookies essential to enable you to move around the website and use its essential features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. These cookies include session authentication cookies. Without these cookies, necessary services such as shopping baskets or e-billing cannot be provided.
- Analytics: These cookies are also known as performance cookies and collect information about how you use our website, so that we can improve the quality of our site and services. Some examples include which pages you visit most often, whether you get error messages from web pages, and your choices about receiving cookies or not. Performance cookies allow us to implement these choices and optimise the way our site works. All the information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore they do not collect personal identification information. These type of cookies may be first party or third party.
These cookies include analytics that allow us to obtain statistics about website access and browsing, monitor which website our users arrive from, help us improve the site by measuring usage information and any errors which occur during our users browsing experience, as well as the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, using aggregated information.
- Functionality Cookies: Functionality cookies allow the website to remember your online settings (such as your user name, language or location) and provide enhanced, more personalized features.
How to manage your tracking and cookie preferences
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared in fulfillment of the obligations under Art. 10 of EC Directive n. 95/46/EC, and under the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC, as revised by Directive 2009/136/EC, on the subject of Cookies.
Last updated: September 1, 2017